Monday, January 11, 2010

Some Monday fun

I'll be in trial this week... or some of it, which is always serious business. So I'll start my week, and yours, with a flit about the globe for some entertaining and amusing news and info.

First, the mandatory dumb criminal story. With a twist. See, the story right now pegs him as brighter than most because he's taunting the British bobbies and getting away with it. However, my bet is that in a week or two there'll be an update to the story in which he's sporting some new jewelry around his wrists. But maybe I"m just an optimist who hates show-offs...

Now then, if you are on the run it seems like you'd need to James Bondify yourself a little. You know, learn some new tricks to stay one step ahead (I'm betting one would be: stay off Facebook). So here are six "badass skills" you can learn in just a few days.

I saw the headline for this story and almost had a fit: the defendant in one of my DWI cases was a hearse driver. Not this one, though, thank heavens.

Crime lord. Fake penis. $43 bail.

And now a truly dumb criminal. Which is surprising considering that he's a "doctoral student in a joint molecular biosciences program at Rutgers University." Maybe he's just a selfish bugger.

Penthouse Magazine. A basic right. Yeah, right.

And I end with a warm and fuzzy thought: if you thought political correctness had gone too far here in the U.S., try sending emails in England. Or, as the case may be, not sending them. I quote the first paragraph of the story:

"A wealthy businessman was arrested at home in front of his wife and young son over an email which council officials deemed ‘offensive’ to gipsies – but which he had not even written."

And from me to the British authorities (read the story before reading on): likey likey likey likey likey likey likey likey likey likey likey likey likey likey likey likey likey likey likey likey likey likey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments posted to this blog are NOT the opinion of the Travis County D.A.'s office, under any circumstances. They are only the personal, non-representative opinion of D.A. Confidential if posted under his name.
I welcome all comments, as long as they are expressed with politeness and respect. I will delete all comments that I deem to be personal attacks, or that are posted merely to antagonize or insult.